I was looking for a list of privacy centric domain name registration systems, and as of writing this, I can only find one: Njalla. It was created by Peter Sunde of ThePirateBay.org fame.
- You can pay with cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero, Zcash, DASH, Bitcoin Cash and PayPal).
- You only have to provide them your email address.
- They’re effectively a proxy for you, as they register your domain with a registrar, and grant you exclusive access to your domain. They claim they can suspend your service if you use their service “in a way that affects anyones health or safety” which is subjective. If they removed your access, or something happens with this company, your domain will be lost forever.
- No DNSSEC.
- No two-factor authentication (2fa).
- Expensive (15 Euro, or about $22 CAD per domain) which is almost double the privacy of a standard bulk registrar.
If you know of any other privacy centric domain registrars, I’d love to hear about them.